Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

I Have A Dream


In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and Civil Rights Day, my mom gave me the assignment to create an expository poster about Dr. King.  I was to include my favorite quote from him, and write 5 interesting facts about his life.

My favorite quote is:
We must live together as brothers, or we will perish together as fools!

The interesting facts are:

  1. Dr. King was born in 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia.
  2. His birth home still stands in Atlanta, Georgia, if you want to visit it.
  3. Dr. King married Coretta Scott.
  4. Dr. King was arrested several times in his life.
  5. He gave his, "I Have a Dream," speech at the Lincoln Memorial.  It was his most famous speech.
The other part of my assignment was to write a personal response to I have a dream that one day . . .
One response was to be about my own life and the other about what I dream for the world.  Here are my responses:

I have a dream that one day I will become a professional baseball player for the Seattle, Mariners, and win the World Series.

I have a dream that one day there will be no more war and only peace in the world, that no one will be starving, and that we will discover new antidotes for sickness.  

Signing-Off,
Ollie and Mom

1 comment:

Brownie said...

I have loved reading about your school work, Oliver. I have no doubt that you can make all your dreams come true if you work hard enough and want it more that anything else! Iv'e added your blog to my Favorite blogs list so that others can read it too.
Love you,
Grandma Woolf