Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Sign of the Beaver - Stop Motion Animated Book Report



Ta - DAAAAA!  I am proud to reveal my first stop motion animated movie - a report on the book, Sign of the Beaver.

Here are the steps I took to complete my movie:
  1. I created a storyboard that showed the series of scenes I would film.  The storyboard included a list of props for each scene.
  2. I created the props.  I made figures for Matt, Matt's father, Ben, Saknis, and Attean.  I also received some art lessons from my mom and painted the backdrops for each scene.  
  3. I played around to learn how to use the stop motion animation app.
  4. I took pictures of the small movements that create each scene.
  5. I added words, theme cards, and sound.
  6. I rendered the movie and uploaded it.
This whole process, along with reading the book, took me over two months.  I worked really hard.  I hope you enjoy it!

Peace.  Out -
Ollie and Mom

No comments: