Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Don't Trust Atoms - They Make-Up Everything

I've been learning about atoms and the role they play in electricity.  For a wrap-up of everything I learned, I created a candy model of an atom and diagramed how an atom creates static electricity.


Everything is made up of atoms.  Atoms are made up of electrons, protons, and neutrons.  When you apply force to an object (like rubbing a balloon on your hair), the electrons move from atom to atom, creating positive and negative charges.  Matter with like charges repel one another, and matter with opposite charges attract one another.

Electricity is the flow of moving electrons.

The best part of this project was that I got to eat the skittles after we took this picture!

Peace Out -
Ollie and Mom

1 comment:

Brownie said...

Hey Oliver.
I know you love roller coasters and mentioned them to Grandpa so I thought I should tell you that Six Flags over Georgia has some THRILLING roller coasters. In fact the Bat Man roller coaster goes backward until May 22 and then it will go back to its normal forward direction. Pretty amazing!
Love you,
Grandma