Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

I am a Blasting Baseball

Hello.

Did you know April is National Poetry Month?

My mom loves poetry.  I thought I hated it, but after my mom taught me all about it and read me a lot of poetry, now I kinda like it.

My favorite poetry book she read to me is called Guyku.  It is a collection of Haiku poetry for guys.  You should check it out!


I learned all about literary tools that create poetry.  I can tell you about rhythm, rhyme, repetition, alliteration, hyperbole, simile, metaphor, personification, imagery, and onomatopoeia.  BOOM!  I can also tell you about narrative poetry, lyrical poetry, free verse poetry, haiku poetry, and line breaks and stanzas.  My mom says I am a poetry genius.

We're not done studying poetry yet, but here's a little taste of some poetry I wrote.  My mom wrote the first two words of each line, and I wrote the rest.  All by myself.

I am a Blasting Baseball
by Oliver

I am a blasting baseball brilliantly basking in the game.
I wonder what it would be like to be a free fish frolicking in the sea.
I hear everything for miles - booms, crashes, and zaps.
I see lush green trees.
I want a frosted donut.
I am a blasting baseball brilliantly basking in the game.

I pretend I am a pro baseball player hitting a homerun.
I feel like a cheetah when I run.
I touch a baseball bat like diamonds.
I worry about my dog when he whines.
I cry if I get hurt.
I am a blasting baseball brilliantly basking in the game.

I understand that I will have to go and care for my own family one day.
I say that I want to be a pro baseball player.
I dream that I will be successful in life.
I try my best to get a hit every time I am up to bat.
I hope I get into a good college.
I am a blasting baseball brilliantly basking in the game.

Peace Out -
Ollie and Mom


No comments: